This program is an informational, referral and advocacy program for children from birth to 21 years of age who may require health or related services, of a type or amount, beyond that typically required by children. Program assistance does not require eligibility or fees in order to obtain services.
Case Management services, funded by the Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs Grant, offer outreach and referral to connect families with appropriate services. We want to help you help your child reach his or her full potential.
The following assistance is available:
- Accessing health insurance for your child
- Determining if your child may be eligible for Medicaid under new State programs, or in some cases, SSI benefits
- Assistance in obtaining medical services or equipment at home
- Providing advocacy with other service providers to ensure quality of care for your child
- Developing a support network
Resources and Links:
Healthy Transitions NY Website- This website is for assisting youth with developmental disabilities, ages 14-25, move from pediatric care to adult health care
Multiple Systems Navigator Website- This website is for youth, parents, family members and caregivers that rely on supports from multiple child and family serving systems